1) Nature versus Nurture. His sister is famous author Mona Simpson but he didn’t know it until he was an adult.. Her first novel,’ Anywhere but Here’, was about her relationship with her parents. Which, ironically, were Steve Jobs’ parents too. But since Steve Jobs was adopted they didn’t know they were brother-sister until the 90s when he tracked her down. It’s proof (to an extent) of the nature versus nurture argument. Two kids, without knowing they were brother and sister, both having a unique sensibility of life on this planet to become among the best artists in the world in completely different endeavors.
2) His father’s name is Abdulfattah Jandali. Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. Steve Jobs’ biological mother gave him up for adoption one week after giving birth. She was unmarried and was also in graduate school. He was adopted by an Armenian couple, Paul and Clara Hagopian. The one requirement his biological parents had was that he be adopted by two college educated people. But the couple that adopted him lied at first and turned out not to be college educated (the mom was not a high school graduate) so the deal almost fell through until they promised to send Steve to college. A promise they couldn’t keep .So despite many layers of lies and promises broken, it all worked out in the end.
3) He made the game “Breakout”.
4) He denied paternity on his first child, He fathered a child with a woman named Chrisann Brennan but denied paternity, claiming he was sterile. Eventually Jobs became a good father. Lisa computer (the “Apple III”) was named after this first child.
5) He’s a pescetarian. He ate fish but no other meat.
6) He didn’t give any money to charity. And when he became Apple’s CEO he stopped all of their philanthropic programs. He said, “wait until we are profitable”. And even when they became profitable, there was no corporate philanthropy.
7)He lied to Steve Wozniak. When they made Breakout for Atari, Wozniak and Jobs were going to split the pay 50-50. Atari gave Jobs $5000 to do the job. He told Wozniak he got $700 so Wozniak took home $350.
8) He was a Zen Buddhist. He was such a hardcore Zen Buddhist that he almost thought about joining a monastery and becoming a monk. He was married in a Buddhist tradition by a Zen monk who was his own personal guru.
9) He didn’t go to college. Steve Jobs went to Reed College for one semester and then dropped out.