Enjoy light reading
One day Laloo was traveling by car. He was going to a village for campaigning . Suddenly a piglet came before the car. The driver couldn’t hit the brake at the right time and unfortunately the baby pig was killed in the accident . At the sight Laloo was deeply moved and felt very upset He called the driver and said ,”Jiska e suuar hai hum usko compensesan dena chahta hoon . Usko dhundke lav “. At his words the driver went to the nearest village and came back after some time with a tilak on his forehead, garlands around his neck and lots of money in his hands!!! Laloo was surprised . He asked ,”Hum tumko kaha tha ke us aadmi ko laiye , aur tum aise wapas aaye ho! baat kya hai?” At this the driver replied ” I told them about the incident. Hearing it they were rejoiced , put tilak and garlands on me, then danced for some time and gave this money..” Laloo then asked him “Aap unko sahii kaa bole?”
The driver replied : “Main bola, MAIN Laloo Prasad Yadav KA DRIVER HOON, MAINE SUAAR KE BACHHE KO MAR DALA HAI……….”
(contributed by: Mohan Rao on 08.02.2012)
1) Nature versus Nurture. His sister is famous author Mona Simpson but he didn’t know it until he was an adult.. Her first novel,’ Anywhere but Here’, was about her relationship with her parents. Which, ironically, were Steve Jobs’ parents too. But since Steve Jobs was adopted they didn’t know they were brother-sister until the 90s when he tracked her down. It’s proof (to an extent) of the nature versus nurture argument. Two kids, without knowing they were brother and sister, both having a unique sensibility of life on this planet to become among the best artists in the world in completely different endeavors.
2) His father’s name is Abdulfattah Jandali. Steve Jobs biologically was half Syrian Muslim. Steve Jobs’ biological mother gave him up for adoption one week after giving birth. She was unmarried and was also in graduate school. He was adopted by an Armenian couple, Paul and Clara Hagopian. The one requirement his biological parents had was that he be adopted by two college educated people. But the couple that adopted him lied at first and turned out not to be college educated (the mom was not a high school graduate) so the deal almost fell through until they promised to send Steve to college. A promise they couldn’t keep .So despite many layers of lies and promises broken, it all worked out in the end.
3) He made the game “Breakout”.
4) He denied paternity on his first child, He fathered a child with a woman named Chrisann Brennan but denied paternity, claiming he was sterile. Eventually Jobs became a good father. Lisa computer (the “Apple III”) was named after this first child.
5) He’s a pescetarian. He ate fish but no other meat.
6) He didn’t give any money to charity. And when he became Apple’s CEO he stopped all of their philanthropic programs. He said, “wait until we are profitable”. And even when they became profitable, there was no corporate philanthropy.
7)He lied to Steve Wozniak. When they made Breakout for Atari, Wozniak and Jobs were going to split the pay 50-50. Atari gave Jobs $5000 to do the job. He told Wozniak he got $700 so Wozniak took home $350.
8) He was a Zen Buddhist. He was such a hardcore Zen Buddhist that he almost thought about joining a monastery and becoming a monk. He was married in a Buddhist tradition by a Zen monk who was his own personal guru.
9) He didn’t go to college. Steve Jobs went to Reed College for one semester and then dropped out.
10) Psychedelics. He enjoyed LSD: After dropping out of college, Jobs traveled to India in 1974, became a Buddhist, and experimented with the psychedelic drug LSD. Steve describes his LSD experiences as “one of the two or three most important things he has done in his life.”11) Apple is one of many inventions: Jobs is listed as either primary inventor or co-inventor in 338 US patents or patent applications related to a range of technologies from actual computer and portable devices to user interfaces (including touch-based), speakers, keyboards, power adapters, staircases, clasps, sleeves, lanyards and packages.12) He dated Dianne Keaton and Joan Baez:Before marrying his wife Laurene Powell in 1991, Steve dated Diane and Joan. Baez13) He was fired from Apple:Steve created Apple at the age of 20 out of his parents’ garage with his friend Steve Wozniak. He and Steve had a falling out as he turned 30 and he was fired. Jobs said it was the best thing to ever happen to him. “The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again,” he once said.14) Dyslexic: He was Dyslexic like some other greats such as Einstein, Graham Bell and Henry Ford15) He was declared dead once before in 2008 when Bloomberg had announced his death16) Forever in Blue Jeans : He owned more than 100 pair of Levi Blue Jeans which was part of his daily uniform17) Number Zero : His employee number in Apple was 0. He was originally assigned no 2 behind co-founder Steve Wozniak. Job protested and settled only for ‘0’ because ‘0’comes before 1.(contributed by: Mohan Rao on 12.10.2011)