Enjoy light reading
In Jainism, Mahavir Janma Kalyanak is the most important religious holiday. It celebrates the birth of Mahavira, the last Tirthankara. On the Gregorian calendar, the holiday occurs either in March or April.
Mahavira was born on the thirteenth day of the rising moon of Chaitra. His exact age remains a matter of dispute as the Jain community has not reached a consensus as to the year he was born. The Digambar school of Jainism believe that Mahavira was born in 615 BC while Svetambara Jains traditionally believe that he was born in 599 BC.
Mahavira was born into royalty as the son of King Siddhartha and Queen Trisala. During pregnancy, Trisala was believed to have had a number of auspicious dreams, all signifying the coming of a great leader. The exact number of dreams differs according to the school of Jainism; Svetambaras generally believe that the actual number is fourteen while Digambaras claim sixteen instead. Regardless, the astrologers that interpreted these dreams claimed that the child would become either an emperor or a Tirthankar. It is said that when Trisala finally gave birth to Mahavira, the Hindu god-king Indra bathed the newborn himself with celestial milk, a ritual essentially marking him as a Tirthankar.
Local statues of Mahavira are given a ceremonial bath called the abhisheka. During the day, many Jains engage in some sort of charitable act in the name of Mahavira while others travel to temples to meditate and offer prayers. Lectures are typically held in temples to preach the path of virtue as defined by Jain doctrine. Donations are collected in order to promote charitable missions like saving cows from slaughter or helping to feed poor people. Ancient Jain temples across India typically see an extremely high volume of practitioners come to pay their respects and join in the celebrations.
Everyone wants to lose weight, but to do it successfully it must be done the right way…naturally! Diets and pills are a quick fix that don’t work for the long haul because once it comes off it will reattach with other characters and they move in and stay. You are a beautiful being no matter what your body looks like and you too can become a skinny mother or grandmother. Your weight didn’t happen overnight and losing it won’t happen overnight nor should you want it to. Stand in front of a mirror and tell yourself how much you love YOU! Once you begin to feel good about yourself, nature will begin to take its course. Start using the tips below to make a lasting change in your life. You are deserving and worth it.
- Be thankful – always be thankful and never hold grudges.
- Drink green smoothies – drink these daily, begin with 32 ounces and work up to 64 ounces.
- Begin juicing – juice daily and drink a minimum of 16 – 32 ounces.
- Eat lots of fresh organic green leafy vegetables – green leafy vegetables are a source of protein.
- Eat lots of fresh organic fruit – fruits are natural sweeteners without you over indulging.
- Drink plenty of water – water is a necessity on your quest to become a skinny mother or grandmother so make sure you drink according to your body weight.
- Rest often – when you feel tired, rest; your body will thank you.
- Get plenty of sleep – get a maximum of 8 hours of sleep or a minimum of 6.
- Eliminate stress – stress causes weight gain.
- Make time for YOU – always make time for yourself, take breaks throughout the day and designate a day with YOU during the week to refresh your mind, body, and spirit.
- Begin detoxing – detoxing is key to eliminate toxins that are stored in your body.
- Exercise – exercise will help you to become a skinny mother or grandmother, but being sedentary will not.
- Only eat whole foods – whole food are not processed and our bodies crave them so begin the process of eating whole foods daily.
- Eliminate sugar – sugar causes weight gain; eat organic fruit and enjoy the natural sweetness, and you will lose weight.
- Eliminate processed foods – processed foods is the main reason you gain weight because it is a convenience, make whole foods your convenience.
- Bless others – always be a blessing to others, you will be amazed what a friendly hello will do for someone.
- Always smile – a smile is the epitome of love so say it with a smile.
- Eliminate fast foods – fast foods are loaded with MSG, which is very addictive and keep you coming back for more, once you eliminate fast food, you will see the weight begin to melt off.
- Know your Mind, Body, & Spirit – become an advocate for your mind, body, and spirit; YOU be the change and weight loss will be an added benefit.
- Create a healthy lifestyle – eating whole foods, eliminating stress and exercising will enable you to create a healthy lifestyle that gives you the results you want.
- Show gratitude – always be grateful for what you have and for the skinny person inside of you that is emerging.