Let us Start
- A hero is to brave an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. A humble man is like a good tree – the more full of fruit the branches are the more they bend down.
- A problem well stated is a problem half solved. Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has ordained that you shall live.
- An opportunist is man who, finding himself is hot water, decides to take a bath. An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? (Many an optimist has become rich simply by buying out a pessimist.)
- As long as i have a want, i have a reason for living. Satisfaction is death. Ask advice of your equals, help of your superiors.
- Bad monay drives out good money out of circulation. Be brave, be brave, man dies but once.
- Between optimist and pessimist the difference is droll. The Optimist sees the doughnut the pessimist sees the hole. Victory has a hundred fathers but defeat is an orphan.
- Choose time to save. To create a little flower is the labour of ages.
- Do something for the benefit of others without any selfish motive, work is worship. You won’t win, if you don’t begin.
- Fame is but the breath of the people, and that often unwholsome. Good manners are the techniques of expressing consideration for the feelings of others.
- Fortune makes a fool of him whom she favours too much. from the errors of others a wise man corrects his own.
- Great mind must be ready not only to take the opportunities, but else to make them. Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
- Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Lost time is never found again.
- He who commences many things finishes but few. He who would climb the ladder must begin at at he bottom.
- Hope is independent of the apparatus of logic. How doth the little bee, improve each shining hour. And gather honey all the day from every opening flower.
- Hope is the most treacherous of human fancies. Ignorance and absence of discipline are the cause of man’s troubles.
- I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. If you want to get along, go along.
- I like work, it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours, i love to keep it by me, the idea of getting rid of it nearly breaks my heart. If you do not want to work you should not eat too.
- If you are already on the top be careful the place is very slippery. All ambitions are good except those which climb upward on the miseries of the humankind.
- If you want milk you should not sit yourself on a stool in the middle of a field in the hope that the cow will be coming to you.
- If you wish to reach the highest begin at the lowest. If you want to create something, you must be something.
- Keep your fears to yourself; share your courage with others. Know the true Value of time; snatc, seice and enjoy every moment of it. No, no laziness, no procrastination: never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
- Most men fail, not through lack of education, but from lack of dogged determination, from lack of dauntless will. No great man lived in vain. The history of the world is but the biography of great men.
- No one reaches a high position without daring. Nothing is so contagious as enthusiasm. It moves stones, it charms brutes. Enthusiasm is the genius of sincerity and truth accomplishes no victory without it.
- No pain, no palm; no thorns, no glory; no cross, no crown. No sweet, no sweet.
- Not failure, but low aim, is crime. Nothing great is created suddenly, any more than a bunch of grapes or a fig. If you tell me that desire a fig, I answer you that there must be time. Let it first blossom, then bear fruit, then ripen.
- Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one time.
- Our mind is like a garden which can either be intelligently cultivated or be allowed to run wild.
- Pay attention to your enemies, for they are the first to discover your mistakes. People should think out and not accept conventional terms and the conventional way of doing things.
- Pennies do nit come from heaven. They have to be earned here on earth.
- People seldom see the halting and painful steps by which the most significant success is achieved.
- Perseverance is not a long race; it comprises many short races one after another.
- Plant your words where profit lies: Whiter cloth takes faster dyes.
- Politeness goes far, yet costs nothing. Poverty and wealth, both are sins.
- Poverty is not a shame but being ashamed of it is.
- Pray the success will not come any faster than you are able to endure. When you start crowing you stop growing.
- Prayer needs no speech. Prayers and provender hinder no man’s journey.
- Pride ruined the angels. Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
- Progress is the law of life man is not man as yet. Prosperity can change man’s nature, it is difficult to resist the effects of good fortune.
- Prosperity is a great teacher; adversity is a greater. Possession pampers the mind. Privation trains and strengthens it. Prosperity makes friends and adversity tries them.
- Remember that great achievements involve great risks. Remember, no one make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Resolve not to be poor: whatever you have, spend less. Poverty is a great enemy to human happiness; it certainly destroys liberty, and it makes some virtues impracticable and others extremely difficult.
- Smile is little, Help a little, Push a little, The world needs you.
- Success depends on previous preparation, and without such preparation there is sure to be failure. Success is often the result of taking a wrong in the right direction.
- Success is a public affair, failure is a private funeral. Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.
- Success is the realization of the estimate you place upon yourself. Success really brings satisfaction.
- Successful action tends to become an end in itself. Take care of the minutes: for hours will take care of themselves.
- The hardest things to handle in life are failure and success. The world is full of willing people, some willing to work, the rest willing to obstruct them.
- The line between failure and success is so fine that we scarcely know when we pass it, so thin that we are often on the line and do not know it. The man who makes no mistake does not usually make anything.
- The only place where success comes before work is the dictionary. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
- The past, the present and the future are really one – they are today. The percentage of error will multiply the longer you deliberate.
- The powers of the mind are like the rays of the sun dissipated. When they are concentrated, they illuminate. The secret of success is constancy is purpose.
- The secret of a good memory is attention, and attention to a subject depends upon our interest in it. We rarely forget that which has made a deep impression on our minds. The time to repair the roof is when the sun is shining.
- There are Painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, thanks, to their art and intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
- There are people who will always come up with reasons why you can’t do what you want to do. Ignore them and forget them. There is no defense, except stupidity, against the impact of a new idea.
- There are two kinds of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought.
- There is a tide in the affairs of men which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune; Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. There is no success without hardship.
- There never was such beauty as in you. Nature made you. and then broke the mould. To achieve great things we must live as through we were never going to die.
- Think of the world as a hill, and mark where the millions stop. There’s always a crown at the bottom, Push on – there’s always plenty of room at the top.
- Thinking is easy, acting is difficult, and to put one’s thoughts into action is the most difficult thing in the world.
- Those in this world who have the courage to try and solve new problems of life are the ones who raise society to greatness. Those who merely live according to rule do not advance society, they carry it along.
- Those who hesitate have lost the chance. Throughout my life i have gained more from my critic friends than from my admires.
- Troubles in the journey of life are like the hills which alarm travelers on the road. Both appear great at a distance, but when we approach them we find they are far less insurmountable then we had conceived.
- What is the recipe for successful achievements? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients. Choose a career you love. Give it the best there in you seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.
- When all else is lost, the future still remains. When you are sure it’s good enough. Try to improve it.
- Where the river is deepest it makes least noise. Sometimes it is more important to discover what one cannot do, then what one can do.
- Who dares nothing, needs hope for nothing. Winning isn’t everything, but wanting to win is.
- Work a little, Wait a little, Hope a little, And don’t get blue.
(ecerpts from Book Achievements by Jain)A hero is to brave an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer. A humble man is like a good tree – the more full of fruit the branches are the more they bend down. A problem well stated is a problem half solved. Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has ...
Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus. It is the most solemn day in the Christian calendar. The dates of Good Friday, which vary each year, occur between March 20th and April 23rd. It falls on the last Friday before Easter. It is the pinnacle of the Holy Week. All Christians observe this day with great humility and reverence. It is this spirit of humility and reverence that is reflected in each of the Good Friday PowerPoints, which can be used as a preaching aid on Good Friday.
History of Good Friday
As early as the first century, the Church set aside every Friday as a special day of prayer and fasting. It was not until the fourth century, however, that the Church began observing the Friday before Easter as the day associated with the crucifixion of Christ. First called Holy or Great Friday by the Greek Church, the name “Good Friday” was adopted by the Roman Church around the sixth or seventh century. This collection of reflect the types of traditions associated with the history of Good Friday.
Good Friday Origins
There are two possible origins for the name “Good Friday”. The first may have come from the Gallican Church in Gaul (modern-day France and Germany). The name “Gute Freitag” is Germanic in origin and literally means “good” or “holy” Friday. The second possibility is a variation on the name “God’s Friday,” where the word “good” was used to replace the word “God,” which was often viewed as too holy to be spoken aloud.
Good Friday Traditions
Good Friday rituals and traditions are distinct from every other Church observances. They add to Good Friday’s significance. The ceremony is somber, with priests and deacons dressing in black vestments. The pulpit and the altar are bare; no candles are lit. The purpose behind the solemn presentation is to create an awareness of grief over the sacrifice of God’s only begotten Son. Today, many churches hold special services on Good Friday evening to commemorate this important day.
Good Friday Church Rituals
Starting anytime between midnight and 3 a.m., priests and other clerics begin to recite specific prayers. At the morning ceremony, the priest or church official recites lessons from the scriptures. Afterward, there is a succession of prayers asking for God’s mercy and forgiveness on all mankind.
At the noon hour comes the Adoration of the Cross, where a representation of the True Cross is unveiled and the clergy and laity pay homage to the sacrifice of Christ. In the Jerusalem Church, a remnant of the True Cross itself is presented for the ceremony. Next comes the Mass of the Presanctified, in which the priest or church official takes Communion from the host that was blessed during the Maundy Thursday ceremony. The ceremony concludes around 3 p.m. with a procession, which is followed by evening prayers.
In many Protestant churches, Good Friday observances begin at noon and last until 3 p.m. This coincides with the hours that Jesus hung on the cross. These services often include sermons on the last seven phrases that Jesus spoke while being crucified. Other services include reenactments of the Passion according to the Gospel of John, processions of the Stations of the Cross, and the singing of appropriate hymns. The library of provides a collection of images to aid the in celebration of Good Friday.
To many Christians, Good Friday is a day of sorrow mingled with joy. It is a time to grieve over the sin of man and to meditate and rejoice upon God’s love in giving His only Son for the redemption of sin.
(source:http://www.faithclipart.com/guide/Christian-Holidays/good-friday-significance.html)Good Friday commemorates the crucifixion of Jesus. It is the most solemn day in the Christian calendar. The dates of Good Friday, which vary each year, occur between March 20th and April 23rd. It falls on the last Friday before Easter. It is the pinnacle of the Holy Week. All Christians observe this day with ...
The beetroot, also known as the table beet, garden beet, red beet or informally simply as beet, is one of the many cultivated varieties of beets (Beta vulgaris) and arguably the most commonly encountered variety in North America, Central America and Britain.
The usually deep-red roots of beetroot are eaten boiled either as a cooked vegetable, or cold as a salad after cooking and adding oil and vinegar, or raw and shredded, either alone or combined with any salad vegetable. A large proportion of the commercial production is processed into boiled and sterilised beets or into pickles. In Eastern Europe beet soup, such as borscht, is a popular dish. Yellow-coloured beetroots are grown on a very small scale for home consumption.
The green leafy portion of the beet is also edible. It is most commonly served boiled or steamed, in which case it has a taste and texture similar to spinach.
Beetroot are a rich source of potent antioxidants and nutrients, including magnesium, sodium, potassium and vitamin C, and betaine, which is important for cardiovascular health. It functions by acting with other nutrients to reduce the concentration of homocysteine, a homologue of the naturally occurring amino acid cysteine, which can be harmful to blood vessels and thus contribute to the development of heart disease, stroke, and peripheral vascular disease. Betaine functions in conjunction with S-adenosylmethionine, folic acid, and vitamins B6 and B12 to carry out this function.
Additionally, several preliminary studies on both rats and humans have shown betaine may protect against liver disease, particularly the build up of fatty deposits in the liver caused by alcohol abuse, protein deficiency, or diabetes, among other causes. The nutrient also helps individuals with hypochlorhydria, a condition causing abnormally low levels of stomach acid, by increasing stomach acidity.
Beetroot juice has been shown to lower blood pressure and thus help prevent cardiovascular problems. Research published in the American Heart Association journal Hypertension showed drinking 500 ml of beetroot juice led to a reduction in blood pressure within one hour. The reduction was more pronounced after three to four hours, and was measurable up to 24 hours after drinking the juice. The effect is attributed to the high nitrate content of the beetroot. The study correlated high nitrate concentrations in the blood following ingestion of the beetroot juice and the drop in blood pressure. Dietary nitrate, such as that found in the beetroot, is thought to be a source for the biological messenger nitric oxide, which is used by the endothelium to signal smooth muscle, triggering it to relax. This induces vasodilation and increased blood flow.
Other studies have found the positive effects beetroot juice can have on human exercise and performances. In studies conducted by the Exeter University, scientists found cyclists who drank a half-litre of beetroot juice several hours before setting off were able to ride up to 20 per cent longer than those who drank a placebo blackcurrant juice. 
Betanin, obtained from the roots, is used industrially as red food colourants, e.g. to improve the color and flavor of tomato paste, sauces, desserts, jams and jellies, ice cream, sweets and breakfast cereals. Within older bulbs of beetroot, the colour is a deep crimson and the flesh is much softer. Beetroot dye may also be used in ink.
Betanin is not broken down in the body, and in higher concentration can temporarily cause urine (termed beeturia) and stool to assume a reddish color. This effect can cause distress and concern due to the visual similarity to bloody stools or urine, but is completely harmless and will subside once the food is out of the system.
It is a rich source of the element boron. Field Marshal Montgomery is reputed to have exhorted his troops to ‘take favours in the beetroot fields’, a euphemism for visiting prostitutes. From the Middle Ages, beetroot was used as a treatment for a variety of conditions, especially illnesses relating to digestion and the blood. Bartolomeo Platina recommended taking beetroot with garlic to nullify the effects of ‘garlic-breath’.
(source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetroot)The beetroot, also known as the table beet, garden beet, red beet or informally simply as beet, is one of the many cultivated varieties of beets (Beta vulgaris) and arguably the most commonly encountered variety in North America, Central America and Britain. Uses The usually deep-red roots of beetroot are eaten boiled either as a cooked vegetable, ...
Anna Hazare has given an ultimatum to the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to enact stringent anti-corruption law – the peoples “Jan Lokpal Bill”! Jail to the corrupt must happen! We have been betrayed by those that are leading us!.
Fast unto Death from 5th April 2011 at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi.
Anna Hazare is a soldier, lone survivor in his unit in 1965 Indo-Pak war. Anna dedicated his life to the well-being of society. A bachelor, an ascetic, he has no possessions, no bank balance and lives in a temple. He is a living Mahatma Gandhi.
In Maharashtra, Anna has single handedly transformed barren and dry regions into green and food surplus areas. He has fasted unto death on several earlier occasions. He forced the Maharashtra government to dismiss the corrupt – 6 ministers and 400 officers. Due to his fast, the govt enacted the Maharashtra RTI Act. In 2006, when government of India tried to amend the Central RTI Act, he again went on an indefinite fast and forced the Indian government not to amend RTI Act.
(forwarded by email@example.com on 25.03.2011)Anna Hazare has given an ultimatum to the Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh to enact stringent anti-corruption law – the peoples “Jan Lokpal Bill”! Jail to the corrupt must happen! We have been betrayed by those that are leading us!. Fast unto Death from 5th April 2011 at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi. Anna Hazare is a ...
The Day is Coming When Doctors Finally Admit…
“Sorry, Drugs and Insulin Won’t Solve
Your Blood Sugar Problems After All.”
It’s time you knew the real truth: managing blood sugar with drugs or insulin is like
mopping up a flooded floor while the faucet’s still overflowing.
Meds don’t fix the core problem. Studies now show they can make it worse!
Blood sugar drugs work great to keep drug company profits healthy, but as for your
health — well, that’s a different story altogether.
No matter how many meds you take to control it, the complications from high blood
sugar can kill you. Diabetics still die six years earlier than non-diabetics on average, and
they may be the most medicated people on earth!
Here’s Something Else You May Not Know–
It’s Not Just Diabetics Who Should Worry
Today, 1 in 2 Americans suffer the hidden effects of a blood sugar disorder that
carries with it potentially devastating health consequences.
And if you’re overweight or have even slightly elevated blood sugar, I hate to break it to
you: you’re probably one of them.
This metabolic condition, called diabesity, begins with the first signs of insulin
resistance. Ignore it at your peril, because when left untreated it’s the #1 cause of
obesity, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, cancer, stroke, dementia, and premature death
Incredibly, most doctors still take a wait-and-see approach when your blood sugar starts
to inch up.
That’s their first mistake….
There’s A Better Way to Restore Your Health and I’m Thrilled to Share it With You…
Now there’s an easy, natural way to reverse high blood sugar — even Type 2 diabetes itself — and actually eliminate the root causes behind your weight gain, fatigue, mental fog, depression, low resistance to colds and flu. No drugs needed. None!
Pounds melt away even if you’ve been overweight for years. Energy soars. It feels like a cloud is lifted from your life.
More importantly, you will finally cut down to size the leading cause of diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s and premature death today, in ways no prescription drug can ever match.
Click Here and you can learn all about this natural healing miracle from my good friend and colleague Dr. Mark Hyman, Founder of the famed UltraWellness Center in Lenox, Massachusetts and the world’s leading Functional Medicine pioneer. It’s called:
THE BLOOD SUGAR SOLUTION
The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease and FeelingGreat Now!
The Blood Sugar Solution is based on some of the most cutting-edge research of our time, but Dr. Hyman makes it simple.
He begins with a series of self-quizzes that let you “look under the hood” and determine which imbalances in your body are causing your blood sugar problems.
The quizzes follow the same proven approach Dr. Hyman uses in his own practice. They’re based on decades of clinical experience with over 10,000 patients. Using them is practically like consulting with the doctor himself.
Your answers then steer you to a personalized set of dietary, lifestyle, and supplementation recommendations that you implement, one at a time, over the course of the 8-week program.
This process roots out and eliminates the hidden causes behind your blood sugar problems. By the time you’re done, you’ll have rebalanced the core systems in your body that will bring about normal blood sugar, ideal weight, and true vitality for life — a state of health Dr. Hyman calls “UltraWellness.”
You don’t just mask symptoms. You create health. Illness, disease and fat go away, practically as a side effect!
If That Sounds Simple, There’s A Good Reason Why: It Is!
One more thing: you can forget everything you’ve been told about “inheriting” your weight problems or high blood sugar. Truth is, you’re not stuck with it.
New genetic research shows that insulin resistance is almost 100% preventable and
curable — even if diabetes has run in your family for generations.
So with The Blood Sugar Solution, you really can…
* Pass every blood sugar test with flying colors, naturally
* Melt away the extra fat and end junk food cravings forever
* Feel years younger with energy that surges through your veins
* Lift your spirits and get off the emotional “roller coaster” for good
* Take a huge step in preventing diabetes, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, and cancer
* And even eliminate the need for blood sugar, cholesterol, and blood pressure
Just Click Here to be fast-forwarded to the future of
healthy weight loss and perfect blood sugar for life!
* You’ll get the proof of how you can restore healthy blood sugar, reverse diabesity and
even cure Type 2 diabetes without drugs — and without turning your life upside down…
* You’ll learn how you can root out the real causes of your weight gain and disrupted
blood sugar metabolism — and eliminate them at their source…
* You’ll discover the surprisingly few “ingredients” you’ll need to grow healthy — and how
they’ll leave you brimming with health in ways medication can never match.
Frankly, it could be years before the medical establishment catches up with Dr. Hyman’sThe Day is Coming When Doctors Finally Admit… “Sorry, Drugs and Insulin Won’t Solve Your Blood Sugar Problems After All.” It’s time you knew the real truth: managing blood sugar with drugs or insulin is like mopping up a flooded floor while the faucet’s still overflowing. Meds don’t fix the core problem. Studies now show they can make it worse! Blood sugar ...
breakthrough approach to blood sugar problems, and who can afford to wait?