Let us Start
A Pakistani Ambassador to the UN just finished giving a speech,
and walks out into the lobby where he met President Obama.
They shook hands and walked together in the long verandah when
Suddenly the Pakistani said, ‘Sir, I have just one question about what I have seen in America.’
President Obama says ‘Well your Excellency, anything I can do to help you, I will do.’
The Pakistani whispers, ‘My son watches this show ‘Star Trek’ and in it there are Russians, and Blacks, Chinese, Japanese and even Indians but never any Pakistani, Afghani or Arabs. So my son is very upset. He doesn’t understand nor do I about why there aren’t any Arabs, Pakistanis, an Afghanis in the Star Trek show.’
President Obama laughs and leans towards the Pakistani, and whispers in his ear, ‘Because the show is all about the future.’
(contributed by: Mohan Rao on 25.06.2011)A Pakistani Ambassador to the UN just finished giving a speech, and walks out into the lobby where he met President Obama. They shook hands and walked together in the long verandah when Suddenly the Pakistani said, ‘Sir, I have just one question about what I have seen in America.’ President Obama says ‘Well your Excellency, anything I can ...
50. Late-night dancing is illegal in Japan
49. Japan has more than 50,000 people that are over 100 years old
48. Japan has only 2 gun-related homicides a year
47. The worlds oldest company operated in Japan from 578 AD to 2006
46. Japan consists of over 6,800 islands
45. The average delay of a Japanese train is just 18 seconds
44. Square watermelons are grown in Japan
43. There are more pets than children in Japan
42. More adult diapers are sold in Japan than diapers for babies
41. 98% of all adoptions are of male men
If you thought those facts were crazy, wait until you see the remaining 40 crazy facts about Japan, with 40 to 31 on our countdown found on the next page.
40. There are over 5 million vending machines in the country
39. In Japan, sleeping on the job is acceptable
38. There is a highway that goes through a building in Japan
37. For the Japanese, black cats bring good luck
36. More paper is used for comics than for toilet paper in the country
35. Japanese Haiku poetry, which consists only of three lines, is the shortest in the world
34. 70% of Japans surface is covered in mountains, with over 200 volcanoes
33. Japans literacy rate is almost 100%
32. There are approximately 1,500 earthquakes yearly in Japan
31. Rice is eaten in every meal in Japan
30. Japanese people live an average of four years longer than Americans
29. Karaoke means empty orchestra in Japanese
28. Raised floors help indicate where to take off your shoes
27. There are almost 130 voice-acting schools in Japan, due to animes success
26. There are coffee shops in Japan where you can play with kittens
25. Japan has produced 18 Nobel Prize winners
24. The Japanese population is 98% Japanese; there are almost no immigrants
23. Japans unemployment rate is less than 4%
22. Going to KFC is a Christmas tradition in Japan
21. In Japan, it is rude to say no directly
20. In Japan, flower arranging is a form of art
19. For the Japanese, it is impolite to tear a gifts wrapping
18. Snowmen in Japan are made of two snowballs, not three
17. Japanese people carry around a small towel to wipe their sweat off
16. Most homes have extra shoes for guests
15. Drinking or eating while walking is considered to be rude
14. Bus drivers turn the vehicle off at red lights to reduce pollution
13. At Japanese train stations, there are staff workers whose job is to help shove passengers inside the train, as they are so crowded
12. If you are sick in Japan, you should wear a mask to prevent spreading your disease.
11. The most popular pizza topping is squid
10. There are lactation bars where you can get fresh human breast milk: a shot, or straight from the nipple even
9. The Japanese police have paintballs to shoot at fleeing vehicles so as to identify them easily
8. There is a sacred shrine in Japan that is rebuilt every 20 years
7. Yaeba, crooked teeth, is considered attractive; so much so that girls go to the dentist to get their teeth unstraightened
6. In 1949, India sent the Tokyo zoo two elephants to cheer the spirits of the defeated Japanese empire
5. Every year in Japan men compete to get the title of fastest shirt ironer
4. The Aokigahara forest at the base of Mount Fuji is a traditional suicide spot.
3. The ganguro Japanese fashion (literally black face) consists of dying your skin as dark as possible
2. In Japan you can find the worlds shortest escalator, it only has 5 steps
1. Slurping when eating noodles is polite and indicates that the food is delicious
(source : Ravishankar on 04.06.2015)
- You don’t have to acquire a taste for olive oil, seaweed or soya to maintain a low-fat, healthy diet. Indian cuisine can be healthy too, if it’s cooked with oil and ingredients that take care of your heart and health.
Ayurveda suggests you include all tastes — sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent — in at least one meal each day, to help balance unnatural cravings. Here are 12 foods that can help you lose weight and gain health:Turmeric: Curcumin, the active component of turmeric, is an object of research owing to its properties that suggest they may help to turn off certain genes that cause scarring and enlargement of the heart. Regular intake may help reduce low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or bad cholesterol and high blood pressure, increase blood circulation and prevent blood clotting, helping to prevent heart attack.Cardamom : This is a thermogenic herb that increases metabolism and helps burn body fat. Cardamom is considered one of the best digestive aids and is believed to soothe the digestive system and help the body process other foods more efficiently.
Chillies : Foods containing chillies are said to be as foods that burn fat. Chillies contain capsaicin that helps in increasing the metabolism. Capsaicin is a thermogenic food, so it causes the body to burn calories for 20 minutes after you eat the chillies.
Curry leaves : Incorporating curry leaves into your daily diet can help you lose weight. These leaves flush out fat and toxins, reducing fat deposits that are stored in the body, as well as reducing bad cholesterol levels. If you are overweight, incorporate eight to 10 curry leaves into your diet daily. Chop them finely and mix them into a drink, or sprinkle them over a meal.
Garlic : An effective fat-burning food, garlic contains the sulphur compound allicin which has anti-bacterial effects and helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats.
Mustard oil : This has low saturated fat compared to other cooking oils. It has fatty acid, oleic acid, erucic acid and linoleic acid. It contains antioxidants, essential vitamins and reduces cholesterol, which is good for the heart.
Cabbage : Raw or cooked cabbage inhibits the conversion of sugar and other carbohydrates into fat. Hence, it is of great value in weight reduction.
Moong dal : The bean sprouts are rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E and many minerals, such as calcium, iron and potassium. It is recommended as a food replacement in many slimming programmes, as it has a very low fat content. It is a rich source of protein and fibre, which helps lower blood cholesterol level. The high fibre content yields complex carbohydrates, which aid digestion, are effective in stabilising blood sugar and prevent its rapid rise after meal consumption.
Honey : It is a home remedy for obesity. It mobilises the extra fat deposits in the body allowing it to be utilised as energy for normal functions. One should start with about 10 grams or a tablespoon, taken with hot water early in the morning.
Buttermilk : It is the somewhat sour, residual fluid that is left after butter is churned. The probiotic food contains just 2.2 grams of fat and about 99 calories, as compared to whole milk that contains 8.9 grams fat and 157 calories. Regular intake provides the body with all essential nutrients and does not add fats and calories to the body. It is thus helpful in weight loss.
Millets : Fibre-rich foods such as millets – jowar, bajra, ragi, etc – absorb cholesterol and help increase the secretion of the bile that emulsifies fats.
Cinnamon and cloves: Used extensively in Indian cooking, the spices have been found to improve the function of insulin and to lower glucose, total cholesterol, LDL and triglycerides in people with type 2 diabetes.(source : The Times of India on 17.08.2012)You don’t have to acquire a taste for olive oil, seaweed or soya to maintain a low-fat, healthy diet. Indian cuisine can be healthy too, if it’s cooked with oil and ingredients that take care of your heart and health. Ayurveda suggests you include all tastes — sweet, sour, salty, pungent, bitter and astringent — in ...
Poem by –*The Mirror* (Edmund Burke 1729-1797, Irish Philosopher)I look in the mirror
And what do I see
A strange looking person
That cannot be me.
For, I am much younger
And not nearly so fat
As that face in the mirror
I am looking at.
Oh, where are the mirrors
That I used to know
Like the ones which were
Made thirty years ago
Now all things have changed
And I’m sure you’ll agree
Mirrors are not as good
As they used to be.
So never be concerned,
If wrinkles/ extra flab appear
For one thing I’ve learned
Which is very clear,
Should your complexion
Be less than perfection,
It is really the mirror
That needs correction.
(contributed by: Mohan Rao on 21.10.2011)(contributed by: Mohan Rao on 21.10.2011)